Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Come back Shane, Come back...

Today I’ve felt like the little boy crying for Shane to come back. (Is there anyone besides my dad who knows what I’m talking about?) I’ve been without my internet ALL DAY LONG, and boy has it been a LONG day. I couldn’t even check email. (Oh, the horror!) I’m counting down the minutes until Chris can come home to fix the problem. I may not even be able to have it fixed before after we go to Awana. It did get me to thinking, though. How dependent I have become on my technology! Last week while I was at TKD with Noah, the internet on my iPhone wasn’t working properly (and why doesn’t spell check recognize the word iPhone, the NERVE) and I was so irritated because I wanted to look up a phone number while I was sitting there. I had to occupy myself with a BOOK! Maybe it’s time that I gave up my computer time during the school day. I mean even though I limit myself to the computer ONLY at break times, maybe I could be using that time better. Maybe I could be enjoying a good read myself. Maybe I could use that time for dishes, um, no forget that one. Maybe I could use that time to spend time in prayer about my priorities, about my kids, about my marriage, about school, about well, just about anything. I think I’ll think on this a little more and have a chat with God about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment