Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My precious, precious Aiden...

I really can't say enough about my youngest child.  He is such a blessing.  He is the cuddliest of all the kids. (Is that even a word?  Well, he is!)  When I put him to bed and I lie down with him, he holds on to my head and kisses me gently.  The other kids, they just fall asleep.  I am not knocking that, believe me, I love it when ANY kid gets to sleep!  (I have not forgotten the sleepless nights!)  But Aiden is so tender.  I think it is a glimpse of how he will be with his wife and it really makes me think she is going to be one lucky lady.
The other night we watched Frankenweinie, a quirky movie about the Frankenstein family whose son loses a beloved dog in an accident, then revives him from the dead a la Mary Shelley style.  But, in true Disney fashion, the dog stays alive and everyone lives happily ever after.  I did think it was a cute movie with several allusions to the original story, but I just felt the ending was a little silly.  I really wanted the boy to see the error of his ways and let his little dog "rest in peace", but maybe I am just reading a little too much into a cute movie.  I did playfully ask the kids who they would bring back (meaning pets that has passed).  Of course you can guess who Noah chose, Addie.  I quickly responded I would bring back my Icy-dog, and Chris said maybe Deputy or Argus (his childhood dogs).  Then I hear Aiden's little voice calling from the bathroom where he was taking a "pit stop", and he says, "I would bring back Emily."  So very precious.  So sweet to know that he values the sister that he has never had the chance to meet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment