Saturday, December 12, 2009

I've come to the conclusion that...

We will not have a Christmas tree this year, sigh...but, I know it is for the best, as Aiden (the destroyer) has already unleashed his fury on my friends' decorations. So far the list includes: prickly pine cones, shiny Christmas balls, a very unsuspecting shepherd, several felt baby Jesuses, and the list could go on and on. I guess I am okay with it. I sure miss putting up the tree; but I'm not sure if we even did it now, it would even be worth the hassle (or carnage, as it were) for the two weeks that we'll be here. I warned my mom last night on the phone about the little menace and she suggested that I just tell him no, humm, I hadn't thought of that one, ha ha. I told her obviously it had been 30 years since she had dealt with a toddler in the house! I'll let her try the "no" thing and see if it works for her, ha ha. Oh, well. I am planning a "treasure" hunt for all the pieces of the nativity set. This year I finally broke down and bought the Little People one. I guess it is best that it is plastic, at least the shepherd will not lose an arm and the baby Jesus might stay in one piece on the Twirlin' Whirlin' Garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment