Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Well, today is the day for an update. I should be cleaning my house, you see, and well, you know the rest of the story.

Thanksgiving was a great time with Chris' family. Chris' mom was nice enough to watch the kiddos for us so we got to go out and eat Indian food, yum. We also got to browse leisurely around Best Buy, which I haven't done for years, I think. I'm so used to chasing around kids that sometimes I just get a little antsy when it is just Chris and me. I guess it is so rare that we do things together alone, that it is strange; although being with Chris alone is great. It reminds me of the good old days. I love my husband. I know that someday when our kids are grown we will enjoy that stage of life too, just the two of us. I wish the kids had been better for Curtis. I think Aiden cried the whole time and Caitlyn was sassy. Oh, well, what can you do, that's kids for you, right?

Today Aiden came to me patting the front of his diaper. I asked him if he needed to go potty and he said yes (raising his eyebrows). I took him to the potty and he went. I praised him and he leaned over and gave me a kiss. Again, I am so glad that I didn't have him first. Even though we have had some trials with him, overall he's VERY easy. He definitely is a mommy pleaser. You see, if I had had him first, the others would have been such a shock to my system! Not that the others were bad. Overall, they all have been pretty easy (except Noah and potty training - NIGHTMARE). I just feel so blessed as a mother. Over the holiday I found myself much of the time, on the couch with two kiddos hanging off of me and I stopped and thanked God for those moments. The sound of my children's laughter is the music of my soul. I can't imagine this life without them. Thank you, God, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment