Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Today is a new day...

I often wake up saying these words to myself, as sort of a mantra. Sometimes life will hurl problems at you from every direction. I praise the Lord when I get up the next morning. Ms. Bea, in my Bible study says, "God didn't take me and the devil won't have me, so I guess I'm doing alright." I love that. Some days you just need that new start. Some days, that fresh pot of coffee, just makes you smile, knowing that yesterday is done, and now the journey continues.

Today was a day like that for me...

After my last long post, I had many phone calls from good friends, checking on me. What a blessing it is to have true friends. I had to assure them, that, yes, I was fine. And I am. Just continuing on my journey...pressing on toward the goal. Yesterday was a beautiful day here in south Texas. The weather was PERFECT, sunny but not too hot, a slight breeze that didn't knock you down, a great day to be outside. Noah and I took schooling outside. It filled me with such joy to see him reading his book on Paul Revere, on the bench in our yard, while Aiden ran back and forth, back and forth... I felt blessed to be there in that moment with my two favorite boys. It was a pure moment of true being. Anyone who has studied the acting theories of Eric Morris will know what I'm talking about...what, there are none of those people following my blog? Anyway, I just had a warm feeling about the day and about my boys and about homeschooling and being able to enjoy this day with them. Well, today I got up with my "today is a new day" attitude, leaving behind any negative thoughts or feelings and was greeted by sheer joy at the ridiculous hour of 8:36.

Aiden woke me up early - like before 7:00am - I know you public school moms are not feeling sorry for me, but in my book, that is early! I put on a pot of coffee and began my morning rituals, turn on Blue's Clues for my addicted son, make sure everyone had something for breakfast, etc. etc. etc. I was about to change Aiden when I wandered over to the window seat for a diaper (no, now is NOT the time to tell me that diapers don't belong on window seats and that you can't believe how messy my house is, and that you can't understand how I can live that way), when I looked at what I thought was the remnants of caterpillars passed when I noticed a little wiggle. I was so excited to see ANY sign of life that I immediately yelled for Noah and Caitlyn. By the time the two had scurried over, the butterfly was starting to emerge from her cocoon (Caitlyn insists that it was her Lovey that had changed first). I was filled with excitement at this miracle that I was about to behold and began to shout, "It's coming out, it's coming out!"

I was immediately transported back in time to the delivery room when I was having Noah, my first-born. I felt as though I didn't get to enjoy the miracle as much as Chris did, what with all the pain and all. I can remember when Chris saw Noah beginning to crown and the look on his face was utter excitement as he said, "I can see him, I can see him!" as if to say, hurry, hurry, here he comes! At that particular moment I wouldn't exactly characterize my feelings as excitement, as much as relief; so I felt a little gypped of my feelings of extreme excitement. Well, today, I felt it, just as Chris had when I gave birth to Noah. I couldn't believe that God not only was giving us the gift of life in the butterflies, but also allowing me to WITNESS it. Wow, how good God is. It was at the EXACT moment that I walked over to get that diaper, that the butterfly was emerging from her cocoon. That my friend is not coincidence, that is a NEW DAY.

2 Corinthians 4:18 "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

No comments:

Post a Comment