Tuesday, January 3, 2012

American history for us...

Today was our first official day of school in 2012.  We will continue studying American history.  We are nearing the American Revolution.  We also have added a new part of our studies.  We had been doing another geography program that wasn't much fun, nor was it getting finished, so when my favorite bookstore went out of business, I snapped up all of the Which Way USA items that they had.  We started it today and it was great fun!  It took us a couple of pages to get going, but when we did, we had a ball.  It sparked all kinds of discussions that took us to the computer to do research!  I'd call that a success!  I'm not sure if it will continue to fascinate, but we have about half of the states, so by the time we finish those, I'll know if I should find the rest.  For inquiring minds, I'm providing the link!

Which Way USA?

We are rolling along with the other parts of our curriculum.  By the end of this week Noah will be right on track with his math.  I think that is a record for us.  Caitlyn is doing great, learning subtraction and working on learning to read.  Aiden is a tornado.  I can't keep enough activities on hand for him.  He blows through everything.  Chris' parents got the kids a trampoline for Christmas, that should help everyone with getting out the energy we all have!

I'm trying to come up with creative ways that we can organize (read "throw stuff away without the kids knowing") our school room.  I have so much stuff that HAS to go.  I also am a little sad to get rid of some of the pre-school stuff, but Aiden has far advanced the colors and shapes items, so I guess they will have to find a new home, sigh...

By the way, Noah will be setting up a new blog soon.  It will be a private blog, so if you'd like to be included, let me know.  Also, we would love to have other homeschoolers to follow as well, so if your homeschooler blogs, just let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment