Friday, September 18, 2009

All our Five in a Row lessons end with, "I love you"...

In my former life I was an English teacher. I love to read, love literature. I never in a million years thought I would be homeschooling. When I was faced with this, then daunting task, someone told me about Five in a Row. I borrowed a manual from a friend and it was love at first sight. I loved the format of it. I loved the literature in it. I loved the freedom of it. I loved that it made learning less complicated than other curriculums. But, most of all I loved the gentleness of it. It seemed such a natural way to teach my child, through conversation, as we had been doing since he entered this world. Since the beginning, my son has loved FIAR. Our first row with Ping went so well, it gave me the confidence that YES, I could homeschool my son. Over the last few years my son has made little comments like our FIAR lesson is the best part of the day; but what has been happening lately has really impressed upon me the fact that I KNOW we are on the right path. We've been rowing [I]Arabella[/I] by Wendy Orr. We live by the beach, so "sea" books are always a good choice for us. We have been enjoying the lessons so much that I've noticed at the end of our lesson we've been ending with an, "I love you." FIAR truly is the highlight of the day for me and my son. I can't imagine any other curriculum where it draws mother and child so close together. I feel so blessed to have come across FIAR. I am so thankful to the Lamberts for giving me this opportunity with my child. Thank you, thank you, thank you and may God continue to bless your family and your ministry to homeschooling families.

No comments:

Post a Comment