Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Why are boys just SO loud?

All the kids SHOULD be in bed already. Caitlyn is silently listening to her birds chirp on her mobile as she drifts off to dreamland. The boys on the other hands are squealing, shouting, laughing, roaring so loudly I'm amazed that the girl can even HEAR her music. When Noah was little I just thought maybe it was just Noah that was so loud. Now there's Aiden, and he's loud too. Maybe they just come by it honestly, I'll be the first to admit that I'm loud at times (no rude comments, Chris and Paula). Sometimes I just crave quietness. But, I guess that is what bedtime is for...when they actually go to bed. I have to admit, though, I do enjoy hearing their noises. It certainly is better than having no noises at all. In that sense, quietness makes me a bit nervous. I know that when there is quietness there is about to be glue in the carpet, my make-up smeared all over some little face, milk spilled EVERYWHERE. So I guess I really do like the noise. I guess I like to keep them within my hearing (instead of "at close reach").

No comments:

Post a Comment