Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Some days I just LOVE my job...

Today we started our study of ARABELLA by Wendy Orr (Five in a Row Volume 4). It is the beautiful story of a boy and his grandfather. The grandfather lives on an island, which the boy visits for the summer. Through out the summer the grandfather teaches the boy to sail. Noah and I discussed the advantages and disadvantages of living on an island. We theorized about where the story takes place, looking up all sorts of information in our atlas. We snuggled and shared and just enjoyed being together...I wouldn't trade a day like today for anything in the world. We read the poem, "The Tide Rises; The Tide Falls" by Longfellow and discussed how the repetition in the poem mimics the incoming/outgoing waves. Ahhh, heaven! After that lesson I felt as if today was a success. No need to do spelling...enjoy the success...Did I say how much I love my job?

No comments:

Post a Comment