Thursday, June 24, 2010

The advantage of being the third...

The advantages of being the third child in a homeschooling family are vast. I've always thought Noah's reading level was quite a bit higher than average. Caitlyn just has such a social gift (and the gift of words, if you know what I mean), not to mention her natural dancing abilities. Aiden, well, he just ceases to amaze me. I am constantly in awe of his drawing abilities. He can already draw a circle and write the letter M (for Mommy, of course). Well, tonight we were playing with the new Bananagrams set that Grandmommy got for us and Aiden surprised me once again. I pulled out the letter A from a group of tiles and asked him if he could find the other As. Well, he found every one of them! I then continued with different letters and he found the matching letters each time I asked him. So, I guess when you are the youngest of three homeschooling siblings you have the advantage of doing 4th grade work, K work, and 2.5 year old work all at the same time! At this rate he'll be heading to college when he's about 13! (Okay, maybe not, but I'm sure he'll be gifted in many ways just like his brother and sister!)

No comments:

Post a Comment